Monday 19 November 2012

KEEPSAKES - BLOSSOM CASTLE

Hello little Roos,

This, for me, was one of the most beautiful models I’ve made or even seen. I made this for a friend who was celebrating her daughter’s first birthday – Made using (and slightly adapting SHHHH!) a template from a digital download site. The template was a simple black line template allowing the user to choose their own backing papers. I am for and against this as I think the ease of use comes from the technical level of the crafter.

[caption id="attachment_56" align="aligncenter" width="511"] Blossom Castle - Finished[/caption]

I chose my backing papers, deciding on cream and blossom for the colours and decorated the finished castle with pearls, blossom gems, ribbon, and glamour dust (the glamour dust was put on before construction).

The base of the castle is a lovely little box but it’s not the easiest box to open since you have several tall towers on the lid, including one which is approx 12 inches.

[caption id="attachment_57" align="aligncenter" width="540"] Detail of Blossom Castle - The pearl gems really bring out the roof of the castle[/caption]

As a designer as well as a crafter and artist I would have preferred the gate towers to be on the lid and the walls to be lower and the gate I would have made less complicated and busy (the latter to I did myself, not for any other reason than finding the pieces obstructive and thus complicated to put together.

I have had wonderful feedback from family and friends regarding this piece and a request from my lovely mother to make her one.

[caption id="attachment_54" align="aligncenter" width="577"] Blossom Castle with the box base[/caption]

Rating:-
Design: Classic
Level: Advanced
Additional: You have to be patient with this one but it’s well worth it.

TIP: Print the matching paper on the reverse of the template too as you can seen inside. This is not suggested by the designer of the template. Only choose two backing papers, for the walls a cream or pale colour with a non intrusive pattern. For the roof and box, a more solid colour with a non intrusive pattern in a pale colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment