Monday 19 November 2012

FELT CRAFT - Bird Hanging Decoration

I moved to East Anglia from the Midlands in 2004. My family remain in the Midlands but I have created my own family here, and have made the most wonderful friends. One special friend came from out of the blue. Stephen teaches a Creative Writing course for a  major university here in East Anglia. In the Winter of 2010, half way through one of the courses, we found out we were expecting our son Vincent. At the same time one of Stephen's students also revealed she was expecting. We became close and shared our pregnancy experiences. I hated the experience of being pregnant but loved the new friendship that developed. In July 2011, a week apart to the day, our babies were born.

[caption id="attachment_87" align="aligncenter" width="610"] Hanging Decoration - Felt Birds and Flowers[/caption]

Since I made Celeste and Millie I was really in the mood to keep the felt crafting going. This time I wanted to make something different. The bird designs came from researching bird felties and taking inspiration from different designs and then incorporating the chosen colour theme (the colours that are in my friend's home) and flowers - designs taken from Felt Friends from Japan book.

[caption id="attachment_88" align="aligncenter" width="540"] Bird and Flower Hanging Decoration[/caption]

The hanging decoration was complete with two cat bells - yes, that's what I said, two cat bells. I couldn't get to my local craft store and it was far too close to my friend's birthday to order online so I improvised and sent Stephen to the local pet store to get three cat collars for Bubbles, Felix, and Syd, and took the bells of two of them. I really worked.

[caption id="attachment_86" align="aligncenter" width="608"] Gift Bag with a friendship quote on the sides[/caption]

Next I wanted to present them in something other than boxes. At this point I had had enough of making boxes, so I made a gift bag with acetate windows, friendship quotes, diamantes, ribbon, and lined with, my never ending supply of Organza.

I love to make for special people and this friend, Helen, is one of the most special people I've ever met!

Rating:-
Design Medium: Felt
Level: Beginner
Additional: Making a gift bag can really set of a 3D gift perfectly

No comments:

Post a Comment