Monday 19 November 2012

FELT CRAFT - Sannie & Danny Felties

My step daughter from a previous marriage just turned 18. Anyone with teenage kids will understand when I say that they really do grow up fast - I remember when she was six and we went shopping for trainers in the local market. I have been blessed with maintaining a lovely friendship with her, one that I will always treasure. So when her 18th was fast approaching I wanted to do something special and I still had felting fever. Stephen suggested a CD with every music track that was number one on her birthday every year. The two felt plushes would represent the artist who was at number one when she was born and the artist who was number one on her 18th birthday.

[caption id="attachment_94" align="aligncenter" width="672"] Sannie and Danny in their presentation box[/caption]

 

In 2012 Danny O'Donoghue of The Script, was at number one with 'Hall of Fame' feat. Will.I.Am.


I wanted to have another go at the bunny, like Celeste, from my Felt Friends from Japan book, but this time I wanted to add a twist by using patterned felt. Have you ever tried to get patterned felt? I could only find animal print and dots. So I took to Ebay. Still, very few options. Then I found the most beautiful paisley design.

 

[caption id="attachment_97" align="aligncenter" width="606"] Danny the Bunny made from paisley felt[/caption]

 

In 1994 Sannie 'Whigfield' Carson was at number one here in the UK with 'Saturday Night'
- oh the memories that song holds, dancing with a group of kids I didn't know at a Folkstone hotel


Since completing another bunny I wanted to create her play-mate, a faun. Using the same patterned felt and the template from Felt Friends From Japan I achieved Danny's little pal. The paisley felt couldn't have worked any better.

 

[caption id="attachment_99" align="aligncenter" width="636"] Sannie the Faun using paisley felt[/caption]

 

Much like Celeste I created a gift/presentation box. Taking the paisley theme that had emerged I made the box following a similar template to that of Celeste's but made the window slightly different and made it more shallow, resting the felt plushes on a sheet of organza.

[caption id="attachment_95" align="aligncenter" width="672"] Sannie and Dannie on their organza[/caption]

Making such a beautiful gift is certainly worth it when it is appreciated. I wouldn't mind making these for myself using the paisley felt too.

Rating:-
Design: Felt Template from Felt Friends from Japan by Naomi Tabatha
Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Additional: Making a display box can really set of a 3D gift perfectly and with a 3D felt keepsake the organza roll gives it that professional look. When attaching the heads of both of these little animals, sit it on a flat surface and manipulate the head until it sits comfortably. Check this several times whilst attaching the heads.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment