Tuesday 26 February 2013

Featured in 'Knits for Kids' - The Daily #Etsy

This was a nice surprise this afternoon after a day in conflict with faux leather - My Gothic Doll was featured as a Top Story by Knits for Kids (Etsy) (Twitter) in their article 'The Daily #Etsy #Doll' - Thank you, Knits for Kids.

So I thought I would take this opportunity to  talk about my Gothic Doll, by far the most popular doll that is available to you good folk.

An example of a Binky Roo Gothic Doll

The pictured Gothic Doll has a Black and Purple colour scheme and the theme is Black Widow. She has web detail on the eyes and a web detail on her upper right part of her body. The body web is also detailed with small beads. To compliment the web on her body there is also a black widow spider embroidered with red seed beads on its back. The body is using a lovely Victorian pattern fabric with black flock. Her skirt is made from purple satin and purple shimmer organza. The bow in her hair is using matching fabric to her body. This doll is more expensive than the others due to the extent of the hand embroidered detail but certainly is beautiful and worth it for a one of a kind doll.

Something a little dark to match the gothic aesthetic, the dolls are all named after gothic icons (some in the murderous sense, Ooooo, Spooky!)

FUTURE GOTH DOLLS:

I have recently purchased some new satin and shimmer organza for the skirts of my goth dolls. I tried not to get too caught up at the fabric shop. I wanted more! I do have to restrain myself! 

What to expect:

Black and Gold - Cross motif (including some lovely Designer, Michael Miller Fabric)

Black and Red - Black Widow and Web

Black and Blue - Vampire Bat

But you don't have to wait until these dolls are made to purchase. Nor do you have to order these specific colours. You choose the colour scheme and if you have a different motif (theme) then feel free to Request a Custom Item from my Etsy store, about half way down on the left side of the page.

Otherwise you can ORDER YOUR GOTHIC DOLL HERE

Every girl needs at least one Gothic Doll in her life. Every Gothic Girl needs more than one!

UPDATE: DIFFERENT FACES

This is the face for the 'Cross Goth Doll'


Here is another example of one of the Gothic Faces available. I am very flexible. If you have an idea of how you want her to look, contact me and we can make your perfect Goth Doll.




1 comment:

  1. Oh I love her! I have a blog too, but I haven't written a post for a while! X

    ReplyDelete